The time of staying separate from the work you do in the world is over. Entrepreneurs have entered the era of connection and cooperation in business.
Just as in personal relationships, we highly value connection, integrity and heart in the brands we feel best engaging with and in the businesses we choose to support with our dollars. Given the choice, wouldn’t you much rather work with or purchase from a brand that you feel a connection with and one you genuinely like?
Authenticity is the most powerful thing you can do for your business.
As a business owner, this realization can often bring a sense of relief. You can actually be more genuine and yourself instead of trying to uphold a separate “business” persona that may have felt like something apart from you and probably not as personal.
The challenge is that we are now called. Called to be more transparent, more authentic and to rise up to our potential. We are called to rise to the best expression of ourselves in the work we do in the world and the way we present our business brand to others.
The good news is this: this is the most powerful thing you can do for your business. Letting your heart out into every aspect of your work and letting it shine is great for your bottom line.
Some of the benefits of a soulful brand are these:
- It’s easier to distinguish yourself in your niche.
- You become more recognizable and memorable.
- You are able to speak more clearly and directly to those you are called to serve.
- You attract more of the right clients, those who know you are the right fit for them.
- You inspire lasting customer relationships and loyalty.
- Your are more authentic.
- You connect more easily with the right audience.
- Doing business feels more rewarding…more fun!
But how do you get your soul into your brand?
There are many aspects to this process, here are three areas that underscore everything else.
- Know yourself – Who are you? What drives you to do what you do? Don’t shy away from doing the deeper work to know what you truly represent and are called to provide to those you most want to serve.
- Know where you stand – What makes you different? What sets you apart from others that have similar offerings? What is your brilliance?
- Know the difference you make – What positive effect do you have in your clients’ lives? How are they changed, helped, transformed by the work you provide? How are you making your corner of the world a better place though your work?
If you’re ready and would like additional help in bringing your heart and soul into your brand and its digital presence, I’d be honored to talk to you. Contact me to set up a time to chat.